Break the Chains that Bind You

This was a piece I had been workin on and off and on and I thought it would be a good one to share here. A lot of my pieces are actually an emotional representation in some form or another on the inner workings of my mind and my have struggled with severe anxiety and depression throughout my life so a lot of my pieces can seem quite dark and morbid at times. Although I do create a lot of my artwork from a dark period in my life, I still Enjoy creating them as a way to commemorate just how far I’ve come and how much I’ve accomplished in conquering my fears and growing stronger as a person. My artwork is kind of like a solidified version of my mental scars, that I can look back at and be proud of. To smile and know that the once gaping wounds in my heart are now closed and healed and that I am stronger than ever. This piece specifically, sort of represents my anxiety and fears and how they restrained me for so long from being able to just be happy. The chains also represent the amount of strain I was always under, feeling like I was constantly being choked and pulled back by my inner demons. The hell hound represents my anger and frustration at not being able to be free from my psychological prison, struggling nd thrashing to break free. The wold is like the embodiment of my will to live and to never stop fighting until it could finally break free. It would break free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog